Tex Mex Black Bean Burgers
Eileen Goltz |
- 3 lbs. cooked black beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup diced onion
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 8 hamburger buns
- Salsa, guacamole, lettuce, tomato
- Put beans, onion, bell pepper, cayenne pepper, egg, bread crumbs and cilantro in food processor. Process, adding more breadcrumbs as needed to make a mixture dry enough to form into patties.
- Shape into 8 patties. Patties can be made a day ahead and refrigerated to allow them to set well.
- Heat 1 Tablespoon of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add 4 patties and fry 2 minutes per side, turning once. Add remaining Tablespoon of olive oil and the remaining 4 patties and cook.
- Place each patty in a hamburger roll and serve with salsa and guacamole, if desired.