You can add one finely minced clove of garlic to this sauce if you like.
- 12 small beets (or one bunch full sized, beets quartered)
- 4 Tablespoons butter or oil
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 Tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- Boil or steam beets until almost tender (10-15 minutes). Rinse in cold water and cut in half.
- In a sauce pan combine the butter or oil, honey, ginger and soy sauce. Heat gently, stirring, until sauce is smooth.
- Place foil on cookie sheet. Place the beets on the cookie sheet. Preheat the oven to broil.
- Brush sauce on the beets and heat under broiler 5-10 minutes, basting frequently.