Sweetheart Strawberry Tart
Eileen Goltz |
- 26 OREO Chocolate Sandwich Cookies, finely rolled
- ⅓ cup margarine, melted
- 1 quart strawberries
- ½ cup water, divided
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1½ tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ cup heavy cream, whipped
- In medium bowl, combine cookie crumbs and margarine.
- Using back of spoon, evenly press 2 rounded tablespoons crumb mixture onto bottom and sides of each of 12 paper-lined 2 l/2-inch muffin-pan cups; refrigerate while making filling.
- Set aside 12 small whole strawberries for garnish. Wash and slice remaining strawberries; set aside 1 cup for glaze. Pat remaining strawberries dry; divide among tart shells.
- In small saucepan, over medium heat, heat reserved sliced strawberries and 1/4 cup water to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer 3 minutes.
- Blend remaining 1/4 cup water, sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice; stir into berries.
- Heat to a boil; boil 1 minute until thickened and clear. Cool.
- Spoon 1 Tablespoon glaze over berries in each tart shell. Chill at least 1 hour.
- To serve, remove paper liners. Top each tart with whipped cream and a whole strawberry.