This recipe is kosher for Passover.
Sweet Spiced Carrots with Apricots
Modified from a recipe by Charlotte Millman |
- 4 cups baby carrots (or small-cut carrots) steamed yet a little firm
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 3 to 4 Tablespoons oil (for frying)
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- About ½ cup water
- A generous dash each of: ground ginger, ground cloves, and allspice
- Salt and pepper
- In a frying pan, fry the onions (and garlic if you choose to use it) in the oil until the onions are soft.
- Add the spices, sugar, and apricots to the pan. When the sugar has been absorbed, add the water so it’s like a sauce and has a little liquid for cooking.
- Add the carrots (they should be steamed a little before hand so they cook faster), and cook for a few minutes.
- Stir until the carrots are covered and a little brown.