Sweet Red Pepper Corn Muffins
Eileen Goltz |
Pareve or Dairy
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup buttermilk or non dairy substitute
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup finely chopped sweet red peppers
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt and pepper.
- In small bowl, beat together buttermilk, oil and egg, stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in red pepper.
- Spoon batter into well greased or paper lined muffin cups, filling each two thirds full.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until tester inserted in center comes out clean.
Bake in 8 inch square baking pan for 20 minutes or until firm to the touch and cut into squares to serve.