Sweet Potato Spread
Eileen Goltz |
- Vegetable-oil cooking spray
- 3 large sweet potatoes (about 2 lbs.)
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 small yellow onion
- 2 Tablespoons tahini
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Peel and cut sweet potatoes into 1-inch cubes; peel and finely-chop carrot and onion.
- Coat a shallow roasting pan with cooking spray; cook potatoes (covered with foil) for 15 minutes. Uncover and roast until tender, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring carrots, onion and 1/2 cup water to a boil in a medium nonstick skillet. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 5 minutes. Uncover; cook until water evaporates and vegetables are tender, about 3 minutes.
- In a food processor, process potatoes with remaining ingredients until smooth. Add just enough water to make a spreadable paste, about 1 cup. Add carrot mixture; pulse until blended.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled, with, bagels, challah, or pita wedges.