Sweet Onion, Steak, and Spinach Salad
Eileen Goltz |
- 10 oz. spinach, trimmed, washed and dried (about 6 cups)
- ½ red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 lb. steak, trimmed of fat, thinly sliced
- 2 sweet onions, sliced
- 3 Tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place spinach and red pepper on large serving platter or divide evenly among 4 individual salad plates. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 Tablespoon oil over medium-high heat.
- Sauté steak quickly until medium rare. Remove from pan.
- Add remaining oil and sauté onion slices until softened and translucent.
- Stir in vinegar, water, honey, mustard, ginger, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Quickly stir in meat.
- Spoon the hot meat mixture over the spinach and serve immediately.