Sweet ‘N Spicy Garbanzo Bean Chili
Eileen Goltz |
- 2 (15 oz.) cans garbanzo beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 (10 oz.) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 medium (½ cup) red onion
- 1 teaspoon finely-chopped fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ cup sweet and spicy French salad dressing
- 4 oz. (1 cup) cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup sour cream
- Chili powder, if desired
- Chop red onion and place all ingredients except salad dressing, cheese, sour cream and chili powder in slow cooker (crock pot).
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting for 6 to 8 hours or High heat setting for 3 to 4 hours or until flavors are well blended.
- Just before serving, stir in the salad dressing.
- To serve, place chili into bowls; sprinkle with cheese and a dollop of sour cream; sprinkle the top with chili powder, if desired.