Sweet Hamantaschen Dough
Eileen Goltz |
Pareve or Dairy
- 1½ cups flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- ½ cup butter or margarine, cut into small pieces
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 Tablespoon water
- In a food processor or a large bowl, combine the flour, salt and sugar.
- Add the butter pieces and process or mix until crumbly.
- Add the egg yolk and water and process quickly into a ball of dough.
- Wrap in plastic and allow to rest in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Roll out the dough and cut 3-inch circles. You may need a little bit of flour to keep the dough from getting sticky.
- Place a spoonful of filling in the center of each circle, and then fold over the sides to make a triangle, pinching together the 3 corners.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and place hamantaschen on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes
- Allow to cool completely before removing from the cookie sheet.