Sweet and Sour Sauce
Eileen Goltz |
- ¼ cup cold water
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- ½ cup white vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- In a bowl combine water and cornstarch, mix and set aside.
- In a small saucepan combine the pineapple juice, sugar, vinegar, ketchup and soy sauce. Stir over low heat until hot, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in cornstarch mixture until sauce thickens slightly, about 2 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.