Sweet and Sour Cucumber Salad
Eileen Goltz |
- 3 cups peeled, seeded and thinly sliced cucumbers
- 1½ cups thinly-sliced sweet onions
- ½ cup grated carrot
- ½ cup white vinegar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon dried dill weed
- 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- In a medium bowl toss together cucumbers, onions and carrot; set aside.
- In a liquid measuring cup combine oil,vinegar, sugar, dill 2 tablespoons water, salt and black pepper. Pour over cucumber mixture; toss to coat.
- Sprinkle the sesame seeds over the top serve immediately.*
- * If you want to make this ahead of time cover and refrigerate and don’t sprinkle the sesame seeds over the top until ready to serve.