This recipe is terrific because you don’t have to cook the lasagna noodles before you put the lasagna together.
- Uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 quart spaghetti sauce (any dairy or pareve sauce you like will do, but thicker is better)
- 1 lb. ricotta
- ½ lb. grated mozzarella
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup water
- In a lasagna pan (13x9x2-inch) spread some of the spaghetti sauce, about 1/3. Place 3 lasagna noodles adjacent to each other - allow space for them to expand as they cook. Place a layer of ricotta and mozzarella on top. Add some sauce. Continue with additional layers. Sprinkle the last layer of sauce with Parmesan cheese.
- Put the water into the sauce jar and shake in order to clean out jar. Carefully pour the water into the corners of the pan, not over the top.
- Cover the pan with foil and bake for 1-1/4 hours at 350°F. Uncover for the last few minutes.
- Let the lasagna sit for 15 minutes before you cut it.