- 10 fresh figs, washed, stems removed
- ½ cup pine nuts
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened; or reduced-fat or nonfat cream cheese, if desired
- 2 Tablespoons grated orange zest
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spread the pine nuts on a baking sheet and bake 8-12 minutes until the nuts are lightly toasted. Remove them from the oven and set them aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, cooled pine nuts, orange zest and pepper, mixing until smooth.
- Slice each fig in half lengthwise.
- Press about a tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture into the cut side of each fig half.