Eileen Goltz |
- 1½ teaspoons sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon minced ginger
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon Tabasco
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1½ teaspoons lemon or lime juice
- 1½ teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon rice wine or sherry
- In a small sauce pan heat the sesame oil. Add the ginger and garlic and stir-fry 15 to 30 seconds over medium heat. Add the chicken broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, Tabasco, salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Bring just to a boil, stirring.
- In a small bowl dissolve the cornstarch in the wine and then whisk the mixture into the sauce. Heat until sauce thickens and reaches a full boil. Simmer for 30 seconds. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Stir-fry your choice of meat or poultry till almost done, add the veggies, cook to heat throughout, and then add the sauce. Continue to cook just to heat and serve.
- This recipe can be doubled or tripled.