This recipe is kosher for Passover.
Eileen Goltz |
- 1½ cups chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 1½ cup grated carrots
- 2 Tablespoons green pepper
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1 (10 oz.) package frozen Kosher for Passover chopped spinach, thawed and drained well
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- Salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste
- ¾ cup matzah meal
- Preheat oven 350°F.
- In a skillet, saute the onion and celery and carrots in the oil for about 10 to 12 minutes. Add the pepper the last 5 minutes.
- Toss in and cook the spinach for additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and cool for 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs, nutmeg, salt, pepper and garlic powder and matzah meal; blend well.
- Divide between 12 greased muffin cups. Bake for about 45 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes and remove from pan.