Spicy Toasted Garbanzo Beans and Pistachios
Eileen Goltz |
- 2 (15½ oz.) cans chickpeas, drained
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup shelled raw pistachios
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a bowl combine the chickpeas, oil, salt, cumin, black pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Transfer mixture to rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake until garbanzos are golden and crisp, stirring occasionally with metal spatula, about 20 minutes.
(This can be done 4 hours ahead and kept at room temperature).
- Just before you’re ready to serve add the pistachios and thyme into garbanzo mixture.
- Mix to combine and bake until beans and pistachios are crunchy, about 12 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to bowl and serve warm.