This potato salad looks and tastes delicious. I also leave the skins on the potatoes for extra color.
- 5 lbs. red potatoes
- 1½ cups mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 to 2 medium tomato, chopped
- ½ medium red onion, finely chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1-2 medium jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large stock pot cook the potatoes until they are tender, then drain and cool them.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into ¼-inch thick slices.
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, lime juice, tomato, red onion, scallion, cilantro, jalapeno and cayenne and mix well. Add warm potatoes and toss gently.
- Cover and refrigerate several hours for the flavors to blend.