Eileen Goltz |
- ¾ cup chopped onion
- ¾ cup chopped celery
- ¾ cup chopped carrot
- ½ cup margarine
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 (1 lb.) loaf day-old sourdough bread, diced
- ¾ cup fresh cranberries
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Cook the onion, celery, and carrot; in the margarine in a large saucepan over medium-low heat for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the onions are translucent.
- Remove from the heat, add the chicken stock, sage, chives, thyme, and parley, and stir well.
- Place the bread in a large bowl, pour the mixture from the saucepan over the bread, and toss until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Fold in the cranberries and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the mixture to a baking dish and bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until golden brown.