Smokey Chipotle Salsa with Roasted Tomatillos
Eileen Goltz |
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ lb. tomatillos, halved
- 2 each canned chipotle chilies in adobo sauce
- ¼ cup water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and tomatillos (cut-side down). Brown the tomatillos and garlic on both sides, turning over halfway through, about 7 minutes total.
- Transfer the garlic and tomatillos to a blender or food processor. Add chilies and water and process to a coarse puree. Pour into a salsa dish and let cool.
- Taste and season with salt before serving.
- This recipe can be doubled or tripled.