Smoky Chicken and Wild Rice
Eileen Goltz |
- 6 slices kosher breakfast beef
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1" pieces
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 chopped carrots
- 4½ cups chicken broth
- ¼ teaspoon. dried marjoram leaves
- 1½ cups wild rice
- ½ cup pareve sour cream
- In large skillet, cook the kosher breakfast beef until crisp. Remove the breakfast beef, crumble and set aside. Remove all but 1 tablespoon of the drippings from skillet.
- Add chicken to skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes. Stir in onion and carrots for just a minute and then place the mixture in the crock pot (slow cooker).
- In medium bowl, combine the broth and pareve sour cream and mix until smooth. Add the marjoram and pour the mixture over the chicken mixture in crock pot. Add the breakfast beef and wild rice.
- Cover crock pot and cook on HIGH for 30 minutes. Reduce crock pot setting to LOW and cook for 6-8 hours until chicken is thoroughly cooked and rice is tender.