This recipe is kosher for Passover.
Smoked Salmon, Cream Cheese, and Dill-Stuffed Eggs
Eileen Goltz | Dairy
- 6 hard-cooked large eggs
- 3 oz. thinly sliced smoked salmon
- 2 oz. (about 3 Tablespoons) cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tablespoons sour cream
- ½ teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons minced fresh dill
- Dill sprigs for garnish
- Cut a paper-thin slice off both ends of eggs and then halve eggs crosswise.
- In a small bowl or food processor blend the yolks, salmon, cream cheese, sour cream, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste until smooth.
- Add the minced dill and mix until mixture is just combined. Transfer the filling to a pastry bag fitted with a large leaf or other decorative tip.
- Pipe the filling into white shells and garnish with the dill sprigs. In the event you don’t have, or want to use a pastry bay you can spoon the filling into the white shells.
This recipe can be doubled or tripled.