- ⅔ cup chopped white onion
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeño chili, minced
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- ½ cup white wine vinegar
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- 1 Tablespoon grated orange zest
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 Tablespoons coarsely cracked black peppercorns
- Salt to taste
- In a food processor or blender puree the onion, garlic, and jalapeño.
- Add the vinegar, orange juice, orange zest, oil, oregano, cumin and pepper and process for 30 seconds. Season with salt to taste.
This can be doubled or tripled.
Meats can be marinated up to 6 to 8 hours, chicken and poultry up to 3 hours.