- ⅔ cup chopped white onion
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeño chili, minced
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- ½ cup white wine vinegar
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- 1 Tablespoon grated orange zest
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 Tablespoons coarsely cracked black peppercorns
- Salt to taste
- In a food processor or blender puree the onion, garlic, and jalapeño.
- Add the vinegar, orange juice, orange zest, oil, oregano, cumin and pepper and process for 30 seconds. Season with salt to taste.
Meats can be marinated up to 6 to 8 hours, chicken and poultry up to 3 hours.