This recipe is kosher for Passover.
Smashed Red Potatoes with Garlic
Eileen Goltz |
Pareve or Dairy
- 2 lbs. small red potatoes
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons margarine or butter
- ¼ to ½ cup cream or nondairy substitute
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Scrub potatoes and cut into small chunks.
- Put potatoes and the sliced garlic in a medium saucepan; cover with water and add salt.
- Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat to medium-low and continue cooking until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat and drain well.
- Pour into a bowl and mash with the margarine and non dairy substitute.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.