This recipe is kosher for Passover.
Simply Honey Roast Duck
Eileen Goltz |
- 1 (5 to 7 lb.) duck
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup honey
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Place the duck on a clean chopping board and remove any excess fat from the neck and body cavities.
- Rinse the duck thoroughly, inside and out, under a cold running tap and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Pierce the skin of the duck all over with a toothpick or knife, at 1 inch intervals, then rub salt and pepper into the skin of the duck, inside as well as outside.
- Position the duck on a rack placed in a roasting tray, breast side up. Pour a few cups of boiling water over the duck and into the roasting tray.
- Place the duck into the preheated oven and roast for up to 3 hours or until no fat remains and the skin is crispy and brown, turning the duck over every 30 minutes.
- Baste the duck with the juices and honey.
- Once the duck is cooked, remove it from the oven and transfer it onto a carving board. Let it rest for 15 minutes before carving and serving.