Simple Poppy Seed Filling
Eileen Goltz | Pareve
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup ground poppy seeds
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs or cracker crumbs
- In a small pot put the sugar, honey and water and cook until the sugar melts.
- Add poppy seeds, stir and cook for another 1 minute.
- Add lemon juice, lemon zest and raisins to the poppy mixture.
- Set aside to cool until the dough is prepared. NOTE: mixture should be only a little damp.
- Add bread or cracker crumbs to the mixture and cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.