Simple Beef Minestrone
Eileen Goltz |
- ½ lb. lean ground beef
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- ½ cup uncooked orzo (rice-shaped pasta)
- ¾ teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 (15 oz.) can garbanzo beans drained, rinsed
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14 oz.) can ready to serve beef broth
- 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
- In large saucepan, cook ground beef, onion, and garlic over medium high heat until beef is thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain.
- Add all remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat to medium; simmer 5-10 minutes or until orzo is tender, stirring occasionally.