Shanghai Stir-Fry Green Beans
Eileen Goltz |
- 1 lb. fresh green beans, blanched
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 2 Tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 2½ Tablespoons oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Heat sesame seeds in a dry frying pan over moderate heat. Remove when seeds begin to pop.
- In a bowl combine the sugar, rice wine vinegar, white pepper, soy sauce, sesame oil, and whisk to combine.
- Put a wok on very high heat. When very hot, add oil, salt and then the beans and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the oil mixture and stir-fry for another minute.
- Add sesame seeds and blend well.
- Transfer to serving platter and serve immediately.