Dried Cranberries require a reliable Hashgacha as they may be infused with flavoring and coloring agents.
- 4 cups dry bread cubes
- 4 large celery stalks, minced
- ⅔ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup hot water
- 2 turkey legs with thighs (with the thighs cut off)
- 3 Tablespoons margarine or oil
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place a large sheet of aluminum foil on a medium-sized baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, mix the bread, celery, cranberries, walnuts, onion, and garlic. Season with sage, marjoram, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in the egg and enough hot water to moisten.
- Arrange turkey legs and thighs on the foil sheet, and season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the bread mixture around the legs, and dot with margarine.
- Tightly seal the foil around the legs and bread mixture. Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour or until the turkey leg meat has reached an internal temperature of 180°F.
- Remove from the oven, place the legs on a platter, and serve the stuffing mixture in a separate bowl.