A savory stuffing mixture makes roasted turkey legs into a full meal.
- 2 cups dry challah cubes
- 1 large stalk celery
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 small yellow onion
- ¼ teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon ground sage
- ½ teaspoon dried marjoram
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup hot water
- 2 to 3 turkey legs (depends on how many you're feeding)
- 1½ Tablespoons margarine
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place a large sheet of aluminum foil on a medium baking sheet.
- Mince celery and dice onion. In a medium bowl, mix the bread, celery, cranberries, walnuts, onion, and garlic. Season with sage, marjoram, salt, and pepper. Stir in the egg and enough hot water to moisten.
- Arrange turkey legs on the foil sheet, and season with salt and pepper. Spoon the bread mixture around the legs, and dot with margarine. Tightly seal the foil around the legs and bread mixture.
- Place the packet on a cookie sheet with edges. Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until the turkey leg meat has reached an internal temperature of 180°F.