Sauteed Tilapia with White Wine and Lemon Sauce
Eileen Goltz |
Pareve or Dairy
- ½ cup flour
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 Tilapia Fillets, fresh
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- White Wine and Lemon Sauce (recipe follows)
- Place flour in shallow baking dish or pie plate and set aside.
- Pat fish fillets with a paper towel, season both sides of fillet with salt and pepper and let stand until fillets are glistening with moisture, about 5 minutes. Coat both sides of fillet with flour and shake off excess and places them on a separate plate or paper towel, preferably in one single layer.
Sauté the Fish:
- Heat 2 Tablespoons of the olive oil over high heat in a large non-stick skillet until oil is shimmering, but not smoking. Place the fillets in a single layer and immediately reduce heat to medium-high.*
- Without moving the fish, sauté for 2 to 3 minutes on each side and until the edges of fillet are opaque and bottoms are lightly browned. Use the fish spatula to gently flip fillets. Transfer fillets onto plate, pour the sauce over the fillets, and serve.
- * Depending on the size of your skillet and the amount of fish you’re making, you may have to add more oil and saute the fillets in batches.