You’ll get rave reviews when you serve this dish to family and friends at your Passover table!
- 3 onions, sliced
- 2 chickens (3 lbs. each), cut up
- Pepper and paprika, to taste
- 1½ cups Szechuan-style duck sauce
- 1 can (19 oz.) pineapple chunks, drained (reserve liquid)
- Place onions in the bottom of a large sprayed roasting pan.
- Remove and discard fat from chickens but do not remove skin. Place chicken pieces on top of onions. Sprinkle lightly with seasonings.
- Pour duck sauce and pineapple chunks over chicken, along with half of the reserved liquid.
- Bake covered at 400°F for 30 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°F and bake 1 hour longer, basting occasionally.
- When cool, refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Discard chicken skin and congealed fat from pan juices. Reheat covered at 350°F for 25 minutes.
Reheats and/or freezes well.