Eileen Goltz |
- The red wine Sangria Punch recipe is an adaptation of the classic Sangria Wine recipe. Intriguing combination of citrus fruit, peaches, wine.
- 3 fresh peaches, peeled and seeded
- 1 cup strawberries (or other fruit of your choice), optional
- 1 cup simple syrup, or to taste*
- 2 cups orange juice
- ½ cup lime juice
- ½ cup brandy or peach brandy
- ½ cup orange liqueur
- 3 (750 m;) bottles red wine, preferably Burgundy, about 10 cups
- 1 orange, thinly-sliced
- 2 limes, thinly-sliced
- 1 quart club soda (4 cups) or 1 bottle champagne Ice
- Puree the fruit in a blender or food processor.
- Combine the pureed fruit and simple syrup. Stir in the orange juice, brandy, orange liqueur, and wine. Add the sliced fruit pieces.
- Stir and chill well in the refrigerator.
- Just before serving, stir in the club soda or champagne. Serve over ice in wine glasses.
- *Simple Syrup Recipe: 1 part sugar dissolved in 1 part boiling water, cooled.