This recipe is kosher for Passover.
Salt and Honey Cashews
Eileen Goltz |
- 4½ cups raw unsalted cashews
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 4 teaspoons kosher salt
- Heat the oven to 350°F and arrange a rack in the middle of the oven.
- In a large bowl, toss the cashews with oil until well coated; set aside.
- In a sauce pan combine the brown sugar, water, and honey. Place over medium-high heat, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook until mixture has thickened slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Drizzle the mixture over the cashews and stir to coat.
- Transfer nuts to a baking sheet and spread in a single layer. Bake until golden brown, stirring every 10 minutes, for a total of about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle the salt over nuts and stir to coat.
- Let cool completely on the baking sheet, and break up any large pieces before serving.