Roasted Red Pepper Macaroni Salad
Eileen Goltz | Dairy
- 1 lb. medium shell macaroni
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 carrot, chopped
- ½ cup green onion, sliced
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ½ cup diced mozzarella cheese
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Broil the red pepper, turning several times, until blackened on all sides. Remove from the oven and place in a paper bag to cool.
- Cook the macaroni according to the package directions.
- In a large bowl whisk together the oil, vinegar, lemon juice and mustard. Add the carrots, onion, mozzarella, and peas.
- When the macaroni is done rinse drain it thoroughly and then rinse it in cold water. Add the macaroni to the dressing and vegetable mixture. Stir thoroughly and set aside for the moment.
- Peel, seed, and dice the cooked red pepper. Stir it into the salad.
- Cover and chill the salad for several hours, stirring occasionally to make sure that the dressing is evenly distributed.
- Stir again just before serving.