This side dish is packed with distinctive flavor.
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- ¾ cup olive oil
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- 3½ teaspoons curry powder
- 1 Tablespoon paprika
- 1¾ teaspoons salt
- 12 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 large onion, quartered
- Preheat oven to 450°. Grease a roasting pan.
- Stir seeds in dry skillet over medium heat, 5 minutes, until fragrant.
- Combine seeds, oil, vinegar, curry powder, paprika and salt. Toss mixture with cauliflower and onions.
- Spread in roasting pan. Roast 35 minutes, stirring occasionally until vegetables are just tender.
This recipe can be doubled or tripled.
CAULIFLOWER (Fresh & Frozen):
INFESTATION: Thrips may be found on the thin white branches or between the tightly packed cauliflower florets. These insects are easily discernible as their black color contrasts with the white vegetable. Small orange insects may at times be seen clinging to the outside of the cauliflower. These insects are easily washed off.
- Separate and remove cauliflower florets from the stem
- Examine several pieces of the cauliflower paying careful attention to the under part of the floret
- Wash thoroughly before using.
- Heads of cauliflower that are found to be infested are difficult to clean and should not be used
Frozen cauliflower should be carefully scanned for signs of infestation but requires no further checking unless insects are found.