Roasted Cornish Hens with Chili Beer Paste
Eileen Goltz |
- 4 Cornish Hens, cut in half
- 1 to 2 large cloves garlic, finely minced
- ½ Tablespoon black pepper
- ½ Tablespoon ground chili
- 6 to 8 oz. beer
- ¼ cup vinegar
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 16 oz. tomato sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Oil a roasting pan so the hens won’t stick.
- Season the hens with salt and pepper and place them in the roasting pan, cut side down. Place the hens in the oven.
- In a sauce pan combine the garlic, pepper, chili, beer, vinegar, soy sauce and tomato sauce.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Remove the liquid from the heat and immediately baste the hens.
- Let the hens continue to cook and baste them every 10 to 15 minutes for 45 minutes or until the hens are cooked throughout.