Serving this dish with mashed sweet potatoes makes a wonderful treat for the eye as well as the palate.
- 1 whole chicken breast (about ¾ pound) halved
- ¼ cup yellow cornmeal
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 2 teaspoons margarine
Roasted Corn Salsa:
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped fine
- 1 cup mango, peeled and diced
- ½ cup red peppers, diced
- ¼ cup scallions, finely chopped
- For the Salsa:
In a bowl, whisk 2 Tablespoons oil, lime juice, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste.
- In a nonstick skillet heat remaining tablespoon olive oil over moderately high heat, until hot, but not smoking. Sauté the corn until deep golden (4 minutes).
- Add corn and remaining ingredients to the salsa bowl and toss to combine well. Cover and set aside.
For the Chicken:
- Pat chicken dry and season with salt and pepper.
- On a plate stir together cornmeal, paprika, and cayenne and press chicken into mixture, coating both sides.
- In skillet heat margarine over moderately high heat until foam subsides and sauté chicken until golden and cooked through, about 5 minutes each side.
- Serve chicken with salsa.