Raspberry Chocolate Bars
Eileen Goltz |
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- ⅓ cup seedless raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 13x9-inch baking pan.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer beat the butter until creamy. Add the flour, sugar and salt and mix until just crumbly. With floured fingers, press 1-3/4 cups crumb mixture onto bottom of prepared baking pan; reserve remaining mixture.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- In a microwave bowl combine 1 cup chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk and microwave for 1 minute and then stir to combine. Heat again if all the chips haven’t melted, just an additional 5 to 10 seconds. Spread the chocolate mixture over the warm crust.
- Combine the almonds with the remaining crumb mixture and then sprinkle it over the chocolate filling. Drop teaspoonfuls of raspberry jam over crumb mixture. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for an additional 25 to 30 minutes or until center is set. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.