Ramen Chicken Noodle Pie
Eileen Goltz |
- 2 (3 oz,) packages chicken ramen noodle soup mix
- 3 cups water
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 cups (approx.) chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 can (8 oz.) crushed pineapple in syrup
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 Tablespoon vinegar
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- ½ cup red pepper, chopped for garnish
- 10" pie plate, greased
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Grease a 10 inch pie pan with nonstick cooking spray and set it aside.
- Cook noodles in water for 3 minutes and drain well. Place the noodles in large bowl and add the beaten egg. Mix to combine. Place half of noodles in bottom of prepared pie plate.
- In a skillet sauté the chicken in the sesame oil for 5 minutes or until it’s cooked throughout.
- Add bell pepper and broccoli florets and continue cooking for about 3 additional minutes.
- Stir in the noodle seasoning packets, pineapple and juice, sugar, vinegar and cornstarch. Cook 3-5 minutes until the mixture is thickened.
- Place the chicken mixture on top of the noodles in pie plate. Top the mixture with the remaining cooked noodles. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with red pepper and serve.