- 2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 3 medium bananas, sliced
- 2 oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 cup seedless grapes
- 1 pint blueberries
- ⅔ cup fresh orange juice
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon. grated orange peel
- ½ teaspoon. grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon. pure vanilla extract
- In a sauce pan, bring to boil all the ingredients for the sauce except vanilla; simmer 5 minutes.
- Add vanilla and cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large clear glass salad bowl, arrange fruit in layers in order listed.
- Pour sauce over fruit. Cover and refrigerate several hours.
- Carefully remove the green leaf of the strawberry without making a hole in the top of the berry. If a hole was made, the strawberry should then be cut in half, allowing you to wash both the inside and outside of the strawberry.
- Place the berries in cold water while adding a few drops of non-scented concentrated liquid detergent or vegetable wash.
- Allow the berries to soak for a few minutes.
- Carefully wash off the entire surface of the strawberry.
- Gently dry each berry.