This recipe is kosher for Passover.
Rainbow Fruit Salad
Eileen Goltz | Pareve
- 2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 3 medium bananas, sliced
- 2 oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 cup seedless grapes
- 1 pint blueberries
- ⅔ cup fresh orange juice
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon. grated orange peel
- ½ teaspoon. grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon. pure vanilla extract
- In a sauce pan, bring to boil all the ingredients for the sauce except vanilla; simmer 5 minutes.
- Add vanilla and cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large clear glass salad bowl, arrange fruit in layers in order listed.
- Pour sauce over fruit. Cover and refrigerate several hours.