The yogurt really makes a difference in the taste of the cake.
- 2¼ cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup butter , softened
- 1 (8 oz.) container lemon or vanilla yogurt
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease and flour a tube or bundt pan.
- Combine all ingredients (I prefer strawberry or lemon yogurt) in a large bowl and blend at low speed. Beat 3 minutes at medium speed. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until top springs back when touched lightly in center. Cool in pan for about 15 minutes then remove and cool completely on rack.
- Serve plain or glaze if you like.