This recipe is kosher for Passover.
Eileen Goltz |
- 12 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 4 whole eggs
- 2 egg yolks, reserve whites
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Onion powder to taste
- Garlic powder to taste
- ½ cup matzah meal
- 2 Tablespoons margarine
- Peel, slice and boil the potatoes until soft (about 20 minutes).
- Mash with the margarine and add eggs, yolks, and seasoning. Add matzah meal and mix.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- When ready to shape, wet hands and take a handful of the mixture. Mold into oval shape.
- Place on a cookie sheet. With your finger make a slight indentation. Repeat until all potato mixture is used up.
- Brush each with reserved egg whites.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 1 hour or until golden brown.