- 1½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ⅔ cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons minced green onions
- 2 cups oil
- 3 Tablespoons poppy seeds
- Mix sugar, mustard, salt, and vinegar in a blender or food processor. While the processor is running slowly add the oil in a constant stream until the mixture is thick.
- Turn off the processor and add the poppy seeds and green onion. Pulse once or twice just to combine.
- Pour the dressing into container with lid and store in fridge.
INFESTATION: Green onions, also referred to as scallions, have a white base that develops into a bulb. Its long, straight green shoots branch forth from the bulb. Light green or brown thrips may occasionally be found between the green branches where they protrude from the bulb. Less frequently, they can be found on the outside or inside of the long green shoots.
- A vertical cut should be made from the top of the scallion’s green shoot to the bottom of the bulb. Examine three scallions from each bunch, paying careful attention to the area between the branches that protrude from the bulb.
- If no insects are found, wash thoroughly under a heavy stream of water or power hose and use.
- If insects are found in a scallion, scallion must be discarded.