This recipe is kosher for Passover.
Pineapple Applesauce Matzah Kugel
Eileen Goltz |
- 3 cups matzah farfel
- 5 large eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 Tablespoons sugar
- 4 oz. margarine, melted
- 1 (8 oz.) can crushed pineapple
- 2 cups applesauce
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Additional cinnamon and sugar for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x13-inch pan.
- Place farfel in a colander and pour hot water over it.
- In a large bowl, beat together yolks, salt, sugar and margarine.
- Mix in farfel. Stir in pineapple, applesauce and cinnamon.
- Stiffly beat egg whites; fold into yolk-farfel mixture.
- Place the mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon over top of kugel.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes. Cool slightly and cut into squares.