This recipe is kosher for Passover.
Pesach Schnitzel With a Twist
Eileen Goltz | Meat
- 2 boneless chicken breasts cut into 4 pieces each
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice or the juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons flat-leafed parsley, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup matzo cake meal
- 1 egg
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons water
- A little oil for frying, about 1 inch deep
- 1 lemon cut into quarters
- In a bowl combine the oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, garlic and parsley.
- Marinate the chicken pieces in a mixture for about 1 hour.
- In another bowl prepare the batter by mixing together the matzo cake meal, egg and enough water to obtain a thick creamy mixture. Dip the chicken pieces in the batter to coat.
- Heat the oil in a heavy pan and then pan fry the chicken schnitzel until it’s golden, turning once; (approx. 4 to 5 minutes on each side).
- Serve with lemon quarters.