This recipe is kosher for Passover.
Persian Spiced Walnuts
Eileen Goltz |
- 3 Tablespoons oil
- 6 green onions, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup water
- 1 lb. walnut halves, shelled and toasted
- Warm oil in medium saute pan over medium heat.
- While stirring, add onions and garlic. Then add cumin, cinnamon, sugar, salt, allspice, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Cook and stir until fragrant.
- Pour in water and bring to a boil. Immediately add walnuts and stir until they are completely coated.
- Increase heat and continue cooking until all the water has evaporated and the walnuts are dry.
- Remove from heat and spread onto baking sheet lined with parchment or wax paper and allow to cool.