Peppermint Cream Cheese Cookies
Eileen Goltz |
- 2 sticks (1 cup) salted butter
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 2¾ cups sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tablespoon peppermint extract (or to taste)
- 3½ cups flour
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (optional)
- In a bowl combine the butter, cream cheese and sugar. Blend until smooth.
- Add the egg and peppermint extract. Blend until mixture is light and fluffy, almost like a spreadable frosting consistency. Slowly add flour, about 1 cup at a time. The cookie dough will be sticky.
- Separate dough into flat rounds; wrap between plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour or in the freezer for 30 minutes.*
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll dough flat to about 1/4 inch thick. Cut with your favorite cookies cutter.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the cookies are slightly golden.**
- * Be sure to chill the dough well before rolling out
- ** I like to frost these with melted semi sweet chocolate chips.