- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 cup pecans or walnut halves
- In a small bowl combine sugar, salt, and black and red peppers.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat; add pecans; cook and stir until hot, about 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to medium; sprinkle pecans with half of the reserved sugar and pepper mixture.
- Cook and stir until sugar melts, about 30 seconds.
- Add remaining sugar and pepper mixture; cook and stir until sugar melts and coats nuts, about 40 seconds.
- Place nuts on baking sheet; cool slightly, and separate.
Store in a tightly covered container.