- 1 package fast-rising yeast
- ¼ cup melted butter
- ½ cup warm milk
- ⅔ cup warm water
- 3½ cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick (½ cup) butter (real butter is best)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cup chopped pecans
- 4 Tablespoons butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Sprinkle yeast over warm water and let stand 1 minute or so to dissolve.
- In a large bowl combine the warm milk, eggs, sugar, salt and butter and mix well. Stir in dissolved yeast. Add 2 cups flour and beat until smooth and blended. Add rest of flour until dough holds together.
- Turn out on floured surface and knead until smooth. Put in large bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and place in warm place until doubled.
If you have a bread machine with a manual cycle, follow directions on machine.
- Caramel Glaze: In a pan melt the butter and then add the brown sugar, corn syrup and vanilla. Divide the mixture evenly in two (8-inch) pans and then sprinkle the pecans on top of the mixture.
- After dough has risen, divide it in half and roll each piece out into a rectangle. Spread the top with butter and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon. Roll up like jelly roll and cut in 12 pieces. Put in pan. Repeat with remainder of dough. Let rise until doubled.
- Bake at 350°F (bottom rack of oven) for 25 minutes. Let set 5 minutes and then invert onto serving plate.
- Serve warm.