I have not made this, but had to share. Adapted from Southern Living magazine and they adapted it from “Kosher Southern Style Cookbook” by Mildred Covert
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese or Neufchatel cheese, softened to room temperature
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 oz.) package wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
- ½ cup candied pecans, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-inch square baking pan and set it aside.
- In a bowl combine the eggs, butter, sugar, vanilla and salt. Mix well.
- Stir in cooked noodles gently and pour the mixture into the greased pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Sprinkle the crumbled pecans on top and bake another 12 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes, and then cut into squares.